Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Orange fall

So I stumbled again
I bought an orange dress to match my lipstick
and a few ounces of your time.
I set myself up for another fall
with a bottle of rose.
I kept it all to myself
so you could not see the expression
of my sleepless nights.
You were just another stranger
who were to step in to pave my broken streets.
Instead you jumped into the muddled waters
of my existence.
I could not watch your indifference from afar.
You were tired and fucking hungover
from your last one.
You wanted me punished
and pay for what you did not deserve.
So I crawled into your uneasiness
a little earlier than you had anticipated.
You gave it your best shot.
You became predictable.
I had tossed and turned
under my torn sheets a little earlier myself.
It didn't make me forget who I was.
So why did you?
Did you not know the reason
why I decided to walk with you?
Ah, you were just too fucking hungover
and I couldn't even carry your heartless despair home.
At the end I wrote you a poem to bid you goodbye.
I stumbled across the street
so I could pick up a carcass of my momentary lapse
only to find myself taken with another fall.

Written sometime in February

No comments:

Post a Comment