Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Woman in Red


The bridges are broken like a shattered glass
and we will never cross each other’s lives again.
I have carried my tears where once I carried my heart
and I wonder who’ll love you now. Who’ll fall for you.
Who’ll call your name in the mornings and in the nights.
Who’ll find you troubled and lost
and hold you close with no malice in heart.
Our afternoon gatherings upon the cups of tea
would be reminded once in a while
and at the end of my lines
I will try to echo only the last pretty songs.
I will try to remember the lifelong verses
we exchanged for a short time.
I will try to remember the tiny little part of you
that was once mine
that I carried inside my womb
while lying down in my gory colours waiting for my end.
The fools will laugh and your friends will smile as they do now
when your selfish deeds will come to define your past
and in the years to come, when all the bitterness
that both of us hold so close, has gone
nothing will be left to be said.
We would have walked so far away
that looking back at the forgotten past will blind us
and memories will not be summoned
that were buried underneath a long time ago.
For now let us hide beneath our pretence and so,
perhaps one day we will both find shelter
in what we cannot fathom right now.

29/08/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment